• Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
• Deep knowledge of electrical systems including modifications on secondary circuits
• Ability to set and balance priorities in order to complete projects on time
• Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and electrical equipment
• Install and maintain motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, transformers, plumbing, and computer cable
• Ability to install and maintain motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers
• Ability to repair, install, replace, and test circuits, equipment and appliances, diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers
• Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, hydraulic towers, or in tunnels and crawl spaces
• Began as an apprentice and was elevated to a Foreman.
• Stationed at Facebook for the past 3 years. As the Foreman my duties included:
◦ Run crews from 2 to 12 electricians
◦ Ran multiple jobs from inception to completion from tenant improvement, installing panels/subpanels, lighting, control panel, lo-voltage & hi-voltage serving the clients hand in hand
◦ Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
◦ Responsible for fire, city and final inspections
◦ Installation for fire alarm systems throughout building
◦ Follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Install underground feeder pipes
• Install Electric bussing for laboratories
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure code compliance
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
• Install all power for residential condominiums
• Quality Assurance Control
• Diagnose issues and fix problems as needed
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problems
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and fixtures
• Place conduit inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuit
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
• Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services.
• Schedule and complete the "Preventative Maintenance Program".
• Coordinate special projects as directed by the Facilities Director.
• Set-up and install computer cables as needed; install and repair computer outlets; repair and relocate light fixtures.
• Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
• Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
• Maintain monthly inspection and maintenance of building and HVAC roof motors and fans and replace as needed; clean, grease and paint all equipment used in heating and ventilation
• Perform welding as needed